If you previously registered on VGF XenForo boards, you will need to use the forgot password feature in order to be able to post here. If you do not receive a password reset by e-mail, use the contact page or post in registration/login help.

Review the last game you finished

Moderator: X-3

I am nobody

Re: Review the last game you finished

Post by I am nobody » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:07 pm

R-2. Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (1/13)

The most amazing thing about this game is that, despite it being pretty impressively popular considering its budget, there've been almost no attempts to copy it in the seven years since it released, and none that I'm aware of were successful. Moonlighter and, to a lesser extent, Mineko's Night Market look like they might be the answer later this year, but that was an insane gap even if they launch on time.

It's all the more remarkable because, functionally speaking, Recettear isn't even a great implementation of the item shop simulator idea. With the exception of the cheap-*** little girls, even cheaper evil fairy, and the snake-oil salesman, haggling pretty much consists of setting your price to 120% for regular items, 240% for popular items, and 50% when buying. Placement of items within your shop and the decorations you put up seem to have an effect, but the game doesn't even attempt to explain how that works, and with all the other RNG systems laid on top of that, deducing it on your own would take an eternity.

And that's an eternity you don't have, because Recettear is structured around 5 debt repayments at the end of each of 5 weeks. To meet those payments, you need to make a minimum of about $800,000 from a starting capital of $1,000. The game is loaded with systems that could be fun to poke apart, character vignettes that, in defiance of genre expectations, are actually decently written, and even surprisingly fun dungeon crawls. But the game's punishing time constraints and absurd growth expectations punish you for taking the time to explore any of that.

The game insists otherwise, of course, but much like its claim that buying low and selling high will work, that just isn't true. The fundamental problem is that, despite how many times the game says "capitalism". the economy this game runs on is the stuff of madness. Prices for two poorly defined classes of items will swing up by 150% or down by 70% four times a day, but the prices you pay your suppliers move by maybe a third of that. The result is that buying low is nonsense - you'll lose money selling immediately, and you'll barely make more than you would've before when it recovers, which could take ages if the RNG is in a bad mood. More problematically, it makes buying high a practically guaranteed path to riches - a 20% markup on something that has more than doubled in resale price still leaves you with about a 100% margin, and you can squeak out a profit even if you have the bad luck to see the price fall back down before you can sell. You might have time to explore more side content if you give up and start playing this way earlier, but speculation simulation still isn't very fun.

Which is a shame, but it still has an oddly compelling core loop, and the side content is fun when you either find time for it or in post game when there are no deadlines. It's a pretty good game with a ton of room for improvement, basically.

Booyakasha
Supermod

Post by Booyakasha » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:10 pm

So I just beat 'Minecraft Story Mode S1'.

Overall I thought it was pretty good. Good storytelling and worldbuilding and characterisation and all. Enjoyable in general------------satisfying. About the only thing I'd say against it is that they kind of did things backwards. Like, Eps 1-4 made up a continuous story of serious end-of-the-world type biz, where 5-8 comprised smaller episodic crises facing the main cast. I mean...you shouldn't go from huge stakes to small potatoes. From a narrative standpoint, right, you want to build up. Jesse goes from single-handedly killing the apocalyptic Witherstorm at the end of Ep.4 to defeating a couple of very skilled warriors with the help of all his friends at the end of Ep.8. It feels lesser.

Maybe I expect too much----------even Luke Skywalker doesn't blow up a Death Star with every breakfast. Hmmm.

(EDIT: Oh, and evidently I'm boring. The game told me I made the same choices as most people most of the time. Didn't realise I was such a mediocre old moo-cow.)
boo------------------------------that old long-tongued liar

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:21 pm

Going to start including images for the less-well-known games so that anyone who reads these can get an idea of whether or not they care. Also adding platforms, with the underlined one being what I used.

3. Celeste (1/29) (PC, PS4, Switch, One)

Based on that screenshot, you'd probably guess, correctly, that Celeste is a fast-paced platformer that kills you a lot, a la VVVVVV, Slime-San, or a million others. But while loads of games nominally like it have come before, few can claim to be as consistently creative or wonderfully scored.

The game consists of 8 chapters, each of which introduces several new mechanics that are only used in that chapter. Although some are certainly less enjoyable than others (*cough wind cough*), they're all substantial changes to the gameplay that keep the platforming from ever getting stale. All new mechanics after the initial controls are introduced completely without tutorials, but they're sufficiently intuitive and the difficulty progression of the rooms is steady enough that I never struggled to learn. Each chapter is also absolutely loaded with optional strawberry collectibles, which are usually given their own rooms that'll put either your platforming reflexes or creativity to a much greater test than the main game. If that's not enough for you, each chapter also has a secret, especially challenging, room with a cassette tape in it. Reach that and you'll unlock the B-Side remix of the chapter, for yet more content and challenge.

But that's not what really sells the game. Most of the chapters end in what are best described as boss fights, although there's never any combat involved. Instead, you're tasked with racing through some of the tightest platforming in the game while being chased by an enemy or under some other kind of pressure. It virtually guarantees that you'll be (intentionally or otherwise) pulling off action hero dodges and jumps left and right, and they're all absolutely brilliant.

Most games in this genre either barely have a narrative, or have one that's clearly just there to tick a box. Celeste, by contrast, tells a story that justifies and supports the gameplay. Without spoiling anything, it's primarily about learning to live with yourself, and the "you can do it!" attitude throughout is perfect for this kind of game. I'm not going to claim it's the best story I've ever heard, but it's well-written and entertaining, and I don't think I'd have been disappointed if it was all I got out of the experience.

In keeping with the optimism of its story, but arguably even more remarkably for a hardcore platformer, Celeste has loads of accessibility options. None of them ever bother you if you want to play the game as it was designed, even if you're as bad as me and die 999 times, but they're there. I've been told they range from small assists all the way to total invulnerability, so the difficulty isn't going to stop anyone who wants to experience it. They also put encouraging messages in the initial chapter loads, which I love, and made checkpoints so frequent and respawn time so short that I never found myself getting frustrated even after failing the same sequence for the two dozenth time in a row.

tl;dr: This game got quite a few 10/10s. I'd probably be giving it another if I did scored reviews. It's only not getting bold because I'm personally not a huge fan of the genre, but if you are, I don't think it's hyperbole to say that this would be a serious GotY contender. It might only be January, but the next 11 months have quite a task for themselves in producing something more mechanically solid than this.

Oh, and here's a bit of the aforementioned OST for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaO4Ff2Z-0k

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 am

^I'll also be giving my thoughts on Celeste once I finish it, but suffice it to say for now that I love this game.

My personal favorite track of the awesome OST so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0etenwnI1wo

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:18 pm

4. Subnautica (2/3) (PC, One, PS4[future])

So let's start with something that sounds like high praise, but, coming from me, isn't necessarily anything of the sort: Subnautica is the best survival crafting game ever made. However, I hate survival crafting games. There are few more guaranteed ways of ruining a game for me that adding "37 sticks and a flumpbut make a flashlight" style crafting and vitals meters for me to nurse. So what did SB do differently to change my mind?

Made them irrelevant, mostly. This is a game in which water and food are so readily available that your hunger and thirst meters are almost never a factor, and the rare exceptions only come when you should've been heading back to base, anyway. Crafting is helped somewhat by giving you actually interesting things to craft - sure, there's your classic boring knife and flashlight, but you can also make a giant submarine. But it's mostly helped by the resources and blueprints you need being reliably and quickly acquired in the course of exploration. It's almost never an issue of "tree punching" grinding. That said, I still hate both mechanics. It's great that I rarely had to think about them, but neither added anything to the game. I'd have preferred progression to be entirely based on exploration, so that I'd find by submarine or laser cutter pre-built in my travels instead of finding bits of them and having to make my own an hour later. I actually got tired of crafting and cheated around it for the last few hours, and they were more enjoyable for its absence.

That out of the way, let's give the game some real praise: Subnautica is an absolutely top-tier exploration game, and held my attention and imagination in ways that only a tiny number of games like Morrowind and Sunless Sea have before it. This isn't apparent from the outset - the initial reef is obviously extraterrestrial, but still familiar enough to feel comfortable - but the game wastes little time in showing its creativity. There are creatures and biomes that aren't like anything I've ever seen before, and you can reliably pick a random compass direction, go there, and find something worth talking about.

Naturally, as a deep ocean exploration game, most of those things will be horrible and want to kill you. Every time you start to feel comfortable and ready to take on anything, you'll go just a little further out and find a giant, dark abyss full of nightmares that makes you realize that, no, you're still somebody's food. Obviously this is all stuff I can't talk specifically about without ruining it, but suffice to say that you'll love this game if exploration has ever been a highlight for you.

Besides the crafting, the only real criticism I have is that the biggest monsters look orders of magnitude more dangerous than they actually are. There are creatures that are 150-300 feet long that take multiple hits to kill an exposed player and can be easily outrun in the first real vehicle you get. It took me much longer to finish the game than it should've because I spent most of it convinced that drawing these things attention would be an instant, terrible death and avoiding them. That tension made for great gameplay, sure, but it was pretty anticlimactic when I realized I could just drive right past them with little issue.

tl;dr: A survival crafting game that's really an exploration game until it becomes crafting again at the end. Console commands save the day. Highly recommended.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:40 pm

5. Iconoclasts (2/10) (PC, PS4, Vita)
Screenshot:
Spoiler.
A lot of people are calling Iconoclasts a metroidvania, and I'm not sure why. It has item-based progression, sure, but there aren't actually that many items, backtracking is almost never necessary, and the meat of the game is the narrative and boss fights. Maybe I've just played different metroidvanias than everyone else, but I think the game's own description of "platform adventure" is more apt.

Regardless of what you want to call it, you'll spend most of your time in Iconoclasts beating up enemies and solving puzzles using a combination of your wrench and stun gun. Combat against regular enemies feels like it's just there to tick a box, but some of the puzzles are pretty clever. You're usually rewarded with crafting resources for finishing the most interesting ones, and you can use those to make "tweaks" that give you passive bonuses. Unfortunately, while the idea of losing tweaks as you take damage and regaining them from collecting enemy bits a la Cave Story is interesting, the tweaks themselves are universally dull. I stuck with one that boosted my wrench damage for the and two that blocked damage for the entire game, even though I could easily have crafted many others.

All of that takes place in some wonderfully detailed environments and through great animations. The game is always a joy to look at, and while I'm not a fan of the higher-resolution character art, that is thankfully never used outside of the title screen and end credits. The music is mostly just serviceable, but there are a few standout tracks near the beginning and in the final stages.

But like I said above, the boss fights and story are the real reasons to play. You'll get one of the former something like once every half hour, and while some are less memorable than others, they're all satisfying and unique. You do fight some bosses more than once, but they never repeat core mechanics, and those fights are usually very well spaced.

Story-wise, you're trying to make do in a world full of super-powered religious police that want to kill you for being a mechanic instead of a farmer. It's not by any means a deep story, but it's consistently entertaining, and it builds up some very satisfying conflicts. Although the player character, Robin, never speaks, her animations are quite expressive and you get the odd dialogue option, so I wasn't as bothered by her silence as I normally would've been. It's also worth noting that, in spite of how bright and colorful everything is, the story itself is actually remarkably dark.

tl;dr: A great action-platformer that's a little weak in the middle. Still an easy recommendation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This came out on the same day as Subnautica and two days before Celeste. Pretty crazy week for indies.

Dux is not you

Post by Dux is not you » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:49 pm

VVVVVV

You see, games, and especially platformers, have this tendency to give you bull$!&%@. This is sometimes by necessity: Super Mario Bros.'s screen never scrolling backwards was an artifact of the game's programming, and the whole idea of extra lives and Game Overs was so that people wouldn't just hog the machine at the arcade (but it becomes unjustifiable as soon as people start playing at home). Bull@!&%$ is sometimes by design: Super Metroid wants you to get lost and become trapped; I Wanna Be The Guy wants you to rage at the ridiculous lenghts a game may go out of its way to kill you. Sometimes, bull#@$!% is genuinely inexplicable: water levels are just nonsense (this is unarguable).

VVVVVV is a master class on how to make a game that is almost entirely devoid of bull$%!#@.

I mean, yes, the platforming is sensational and the puzzles are exceedingly clever and the game will keep you laughing in frustration (that's a good thing) from start to finish and the difficulty curve is just so. But to me what truly stands out about VVVVVV is that the designers tried and succeeded at making a game that's radically playable. Nothing at all about the game's design is ever getting in your way, namely, in the way of fun. The game wants you to spend your time solving its puzzles (and doing a bit of exploring), and it gets the job done.

Thus, it gets the No Bull@!&$% award for having the least amount of bull#!%@ of any game I've ever played.

VVVVVV should be a textbook example of excellent game design.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:03 pm

The problem I have with a lot of games (especially Platformers) is, even if they are expertly crafted mechanically, I still can't enjoy them if their presentation is poor or if they're devoid of personality and charm. Games like Mario and Sonic are as interesting and fun visually and aurally as they are mechanically. Green Hill Zone is practically a character in it's own right at this point. Is there any video game song more widely recognized than the SMB theme? It might seem unfair to compare games to those legendary releases but even Bubsy is probably more recognizable to the average gamer than, say, Braid guy or Meat Boy or VVVVVV thing.

I almost got VVVVVV at one point and your review makes it more tempting due to the high praise you gave it, but even it's very name elicits boredom from me. Although, I think I'll get around to it eventually now, I like Platformers too much to potentially miss out on something great. I remember initially dismissing Shovel Knight as derivative but now it is among my favorite 2D Platformers.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Disappointment is kind of inevitable if you're expecting indie games to compete with multi-billion dollar companies for recognizability. VVVVVV has a dumb name, but there's a ton of personality in its level design (every screen is named!) and it's got a killer soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp3qiOKuEBM

It's never going to be as well known as Sonic, sure, but, you know, maybe that's a good thing. We'll never see Captain Viridian seduce a regular human princess.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:49 pm

I am nobody wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 pm
Disappointment is kind of inevitable if you're expecting indie games to compete with multi-billion dollar companies for recognizability. VVVVVV has a dumb name, but there's a ton of personality in its level design (every screen is named!) and it's got a killer soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp3qiOKuEBM
That's true, but those are old games by multibillion dollar companies, SMB is even older than I am. It isn't that difficult to make a game today, especially 2D retro games. Making it good is the hard part. Retro City Rampage is a great example, it is better than GTA at being GTA (pre-3D) but made by just one person.
I am nobody wrote: We'll never see Captain Viridian seduce a regular human princess.
At least not canonically. ;););)

Dux is not you

Post by Dux is not you » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm

"VVVVVV" is not a dumb name. As soon as you play even a bit of the game you realize that it's brilliantly symbolic. Well, at the bare minimum it is symbolic.

Apollo the Just

Post by Apollo the Just » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:38 am

Reviewing ToS again, but this time as a speedgame because that is the context in which I last completed it.

- The routing forces you to use most of the cast in battle and constantly macro so you're basically controlling 3 characters in each combat. Although the skills you're using are pretty much the same throughout, it's still engaging because there's so much multitasking: am I doing the Lloyd combo right? Are my macros correctly spaced to keep the combo going? R A N D O M I Z E R G E N I S????? It's a pain early game because no one has TP, but endgame is a LOT of fun and it's really rewarding when you successfully nail a fight. And it really requires that you be good at playing literally everyone; there's so much enormous room for improvement tbh. I adore Symphonia's battle system and learning how to exploit it is incredibly entertaining. EX skills are broken to the maximum and it's fantastic. This is why the run shines, and this is what I really really need to get infinitely better at.

- There are relatively few skips, which is a bit unfortunate because those are my favorite in speedruns. Ymir Skip and Sylvarant Base Skip are cool though, it's fun to see the game glitch out - and Ymir Skip actually involves a decent amount of timing and precision which makes it more satisfying to pull off (sylvarant base skip is embarassingly easy but still fun). The rest are minor but it's always satisfying to successfully skip a city intro title sequence - both of which I failed, or to push that block in Welgaia early - which I successfully did woohoo. You can ALSO skip getting Kratos early if you beat the first boss in the game fast enough, which is something I can't wait to pull off when I get good enough.

- Tower of Salvation is one of the worst dungeons in the game casually and I honestly need to grind and memorize that **** because it took embarrassingly long. Also the sewers are just as terrible and boring when you know what you're doing as they are when you don't.

- M E N U I N G. Man, I didn't even try to tackle this on my first run because I thought babby battle strats and knowing most of the movement by heart could carry me, but there's sooo much bookkeeping optimization to deal with. Knowing where to buy new equipment, what to buy, doing it quickly, when to open the menu to refresh your holy bottle but also do it when you need to change your party or techs.... it's SO MUCH BOOKKEEPING. This is an incredibly optimized part of the speedrun that currently feels daunting to me.

Overall, there's just so much to focus on all at once because the game is so focused on story with so relatively little freedom for movement that pretty much every player input matters and anything less than perfection costs you. That's underselling it a bit, of course... battles involve LOTS of player control, overworld and dungeon movement totally matters, etc. But you gotta be 5 steps ahead mentally at all times to avoid shop backtracking, wasting time at inns, over-menuing, etc. I'm not good enough yet to worry too much about it but the run gets incredibly micro-manage-y when you get into the nitty gritty, and that's both a) exciting! there's SO MUCH TO LEARN and SO MUCH ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT!!!, and b) heckin enormously daunting.... there's a guide online with all the necessary info but it is IMPOSSIBLE to follow it during a run because there are so many words. I gotta do a combination of re-formatting it down to the barest info myself, as well as memorize most of it, in order to eventually be able to follow it on the spot.

But the speedgame is 10/10 because there is a PERFECTLY TIMED cutscene about 3/4 of the way through the run that is long enough to take a bathroom break, and in a run this long, you will absolutely need one. Would I recommend it to pretty much anyone who isn't me? No. But it is the ideal speedgame for me. I get to put my knowledge of the game to productive use, improve myself in my favorite part of the game: the amazingly fun battle system, and memorize EVEN MORE and have new reasons to constantly play it with new goals. <333

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 am

Dux is not you wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm
"VVVVVV" is not a dumb name. As soon as you play even a bit of the game you realize that it's brilliantly symbolic. Well, at the bare minimum it is symbolic.
The quality of the name is obviously subjective, but having finished VVVVVV three times, I'm still of the opinion that giving your game an unpronounceable, meaningless name is pretty dumb. You can't even shorten it - if you refer to it as VVV, like I usually do in conversation, someone who searches that gets nothing on Steam and a VM project on Google. If you just say it's a lot of Vs, they get Youtube videos where someone just held down V. The only options are to actually say V six times or to literally say "the letter V six times", neither of which fit into natural speech.

Dux is not you

Post by Dux is not you » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:20 pm

"Ve-ve-ve-ve-ve-ve".

Marilink
Supermod

Post by Marilink » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:08 pm

VVVVVV is a great game but the name is, indeed, bad.

X-3

Post by X-3 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 pm

3.) LttP Randomizer

It's the god game but randomized. While it is a lot of fun to play I find the start of each seed can be pretty stale. (go to Kakariko, go to that cave with 5 items, go to Thieves Town, etc.)

4.) Dragon Ball Fighter Z (pronounced Dragon Ball Fighter Zed)

A good fighting game for newcomers and/or scrubs like me. I managed to spend a **** of time offline doing single-player stuff and practicing before even setting foot online. The Story Mode is fun at first but is a bit too long-winded and would have benefited from shorter arcs. Auto-combos are a good way to let you get your foot in the door in terms of becoming interested in and learning characters. As far as comeback mechanics go, I like how Sparking Blast focuses more on self-preservation (very strong auto-healing) over turning your character into an unspeakable god of speed, damage and death. (I can't deny that auto-healing is annoying as hell to fight against though, lol) I can't speak to how deep the game will prove in the long-term at higher levels but that's out of my league. I kind of feel like a few assists are a bit too good at the moment but we'll have to see how that pans out over time. Unfortunately, the online mode is kind of ass in terms of infrastructure and UI. You'll often get randomly disconnected from the online lobby, daily quests for Zeni will sometimes not work, queuing up for matches is more cumbersome than it needs to be, playing with your friends (if you have any :() is more involved than it needs to be, things like Ring and Arena matches don't work very well, etc. On the subject of Zeni though, I actually quite like how generous this game is with unlocks. Probably has to do with how the game isn't interested in squeezing your wallet until you get Cell Color #7.

VVVVVV is a fine name.

I REALLY HATE POKEMON!

Post by I REALLY HATE POKEMON! » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:56 pm

^ Yeah, the story mode for DBFZ has too much padding. I tired of smashing square against endless clones rather quickly, but the character interactions are really cool and funny.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 pm

R-3. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2/12) (GBA)

It was pretty much what I remembered. It still looks phenomenal for a GBA game, has a great OST in spite of the hardware's limitations, and loads of side-content. The dungeons are pretty simplistic and only rarely require backtracking or real puzzle solving. That said, both the dungeons and bosses make good use of items you obtained earlier, which is both unusual for this series and very welcome. Kinstones are cool, but I wish they'd done more with them. Using them to inspire a Minish to invent remote bombs or to unlock the Magic Boomerang is great, but too many matches just give you heart pieces or rupees.

I wouldn't call it essential, but it's a great way to spend six hours even if you blast through it like I did. Glad to see this didn't follow in my TP replay's disappointing footsteps.

Artemis008

Post by Artemis008 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:58 pm

I finally finished Doki Doki Literature Club. This review WILL have spoilers, so please play the game. It's completely free and well worth your time.
Spoiler.
I LOVED this game. Hands down my GOTY for 2017, I so wish I would have played it earlier. The story was executed perfectly and I loved how things progressively got more insane after Sayori's death. I loved the imagery, and I was deeply invested in the cast of characters even BEFORE every thing got ****. My only real gripes with it were that Monika didn't have her own route (though I understand why) , and I thought it was kind of stupid how she tells you EXACTLY how to delete the characters. It felt really forced, but the package was still great over all. I also really liked the ending theme "Your Reality" I liked it more than Mario Odyssey's "jump up super star" theme. fight me.. It also didn't have much replay value since the alternative endings aren't as satisfying as the actual ending, but there wasn't much they could really do... was there?
Last edited by Artemis008 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:02 pm

6.Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition (2/17) (Switch)

Apparently the subtitle for this game is rather misleading and there are superior versions on other systems. Could've fooled me, though - it's a brilliant platformer.

It's strength comes mostly from level design, both mechanical and artistic. Unlike, say, Celeste you aren't going to see many new abilities after the first world, and the stealth-ish world is the only one that plays significantly differently from the others. Instead, it focuses on making levels flow. There are some very tricky platforming sections, but almost all of them encourage attacking at full speed. Thankfully, most of the levels are designed precisely and intuitively enough that holding down sprint is both viable and satisfying. They take this to its logical extreme at the end of every chapter by setting your mad sprint to, say, "Eye of the Tiger" or "Black Betty", with the sound produced by you triggering things through the level. It's hard to top those levels.

Unfortunately, the game ends on something of a fart. The last world tries to shake things up by introducing wall running, and eventually upside down wall running. Although it certainly accomplishes the goal of being different, it completely ruins that intuitive design from all the other levels with nonsense physics. Almost all of my deaths in the first four worlds felt like they were my fault, but most of my deaths in the last three levels felt like they were down to inconsistent mechanics. It doesn't take away from how great the earlier worlds were, and there's at least another game's worth of extra content to play post-game, but it's hard to overlook just how bad those levels are.

Return to “General Gaming - Ten Hut!”