Fable

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: Booyakasha

jehuty505

Fable

Post by jehuty505 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:21 pm

Anybody else looking forword to Fable.
They say it has good graphics and and what you do changes the game in differnt ways.
Jehuty
Zone of the Enders rocks

Jingle Jangles

Post by Jingle Jangles » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:57 pm

Well I am extremely looking forward for Fable. Project Ego has come along way, and I am very happy of what the game has evolved into.
I'll of course have minumum 2 different characters. Bad guy, good guy. But first its do whatever I feel like and see what happens.
I definitely would like to see how well this auto camera angling helps the unique battle system.
Awaiting its arrive sometime mid September. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Check it out on Xbox.com
And then go download the fansite kit to see a lot of nice screens.
<i>Sgt. Johnson: Now listen up! Back in my day, we didn\'t have fancy tanks! We had two sticks... and a rock! And we had to share the rock! You should consider yourself very lucky marines!
</i>

imported_Andrew

Post by imported_Andrew » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:44 pm

I read about this one guy for some magazine that tried it out, when he was playing he met this guy in the forest to discover that he was his half-brother so he killed him and his half brothers wife, so he could inherit all their stuff. It worked.

ZIPPYDIPPY19

Post by ZIPPYDIPPY19 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:36 pm

^ Someone told me about that or something like it, though I think it was a grandfather that he found who was mayor of a town (or some other leader role).

And I also heard your skin tone changes depending how much of your playtime is outdoors. Now that is indepth gaming right there.
Yeah.

Still don\'t care.

Jingle Jangles

Post by Jingle Jangles » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:06 pm

I know that in my game I'll be walking around and get attacked. Huge cuts everywhere and not go to the healer or whatever giving my character scars all over the body.
Scars = Macho :D

In the meantime from now til September I'll be playin Sudeki. Once I buy it. I'm still debating whether to buy it online to get free music or buy it from the store and download the music.
<i>Sgt. Johnson: Now listen up! Back in my day, we didn\'t have fancy tanks! We had two sticks... and a rock! And we had to share the rock! You should consider yourself very lucky marines!
</i>

imported_Andrew

Post by imported_Andrew » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:14 am

So there's no special add on to this game that will take it over 50 dollars, is there? And is there online play?

Alink - VCR Man. VCR.

Post by Alink - VCR Man. VCR. » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:32 pm

THis game looks and sounds pretty good...
Like, gag me with a spoon!

WolfosSmak

Post by WolfosSmak » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:34 am

Originally posted by Northern Internet Xpedition:
I know that in my game I'll be walking around and get attacked. Huge cuts everywhere and not go to the healer or whatever giving my character scars all over the body.
Scars = Macho :D

In the meantime from now til September I'll be playin Sudeki. Once I buy it. I'm still debating whether to buy it online to get free music or buy it from the store and download the music.
Don't buy Sudeki. At least, not with money.

nirvana_fan911

Post by nirvana_fan911 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm

I like Raw 2, does this matter at all? And madden 2004 owns your soul, not NFL 2K5, I have them both. Madden rules.
\"Life is short. Death is eternal.\"
NIRVANA FAN

Jingle Jangles

Post by Jingle Jangles » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:57 pm

Originally posted by Smakian:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Don't buy Sudeki. At least, not with money.
</font>[/QUOTE]The length of it is the only problem I see, everything else suits what I was looking for/expecting. In Sudeki.

Reserved or Pre-order, whichever you prefer, Fable. Got a nice bonus disc with amazing footage of the creation of the game(gives no spoilers), and demos/previews of other Microsoft Studio games.
What they showed for Unreal ChampionshipII: Liandri Conflict and Mech Assault 2:Lone Wolf definitely makes me want to purchase them even more. And the Live setups are getting majestically better.
</i>

Link2000

Post by Link2000 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:38 pm

Well, IGN has a review up, and it doesn't live up to the hype according to them. While it is still a kickass RPG/Adventure earning a 9.3, all of the "genre-breaking" elements have been removed.
-Link2000

WolfosSmak

Post by WolfosSmak » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:20 am

Just like the preview thingy said, I got my hands on ten minutes of Fable goodness at PAX. I was fairly pleased with it; the combat was fun and easy to pick up. Wasn't really paying it much attention before, but now I am. It impressed me.

For reasons not to buy Sudeki, see my recently *coughfinallycough* posted review.

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”