XBOX One launch delayed in eight countries.

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: Booyakasha

VG_Addict

XBOX One launch delayed in eight countries.

Post by VG_Addict » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:32 pm

The One was supposed to launch in 21 countries. Unfortunately, its launch will be delayed until 2014 in eight countries, reducing the number to 13.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-d ... ns-6412984

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:25 am

That sucks they won't be able to get it in time for the holiday season rush. Nintendo and Sony must be happy though.

Also, this.

Card

Post by Card » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:20 am

And they still have no news on the Asian regions correct?

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:46 am

^ Given Xbox's historical trends in Asia, that's not too surprising.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:00 pm

The Missing Link wrote:^ Given Xbox's historical trends in Asia, that's not too surprising.
Wouldn't it harm the Xbox One in terms of game lineups if Asia remains cut off from the Xbox One? I Can't see many Japanese developers wanting to develop for the Xbox One if they can only release in Europe and Japan due to the regions. But umm, I think they will have to make an announcement at some point right??

X-3

Post by X-3 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm

It doesn't really change that much. Everyone want that western market so big third parties will make multiplatform games and release both in NA and only the PS4 version in Japan. Not all that different from the situation now.

I am nobody

Post by I am nobody » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:02 pm

I wonder if this affects all the regions that already weren't getting it on launch day? Even ignoring Asia, they were missing a pretty significant chunk of the European market and almost all of Latin America.

I guess they at least got almost all of their biggest markets covered, but just giving everything else to Sony and Nintendo seems shortsighted even for them.

е и ժ е я
Supermod
Location: Enough. My tilde has tired and shall take its leave of you.

Post by е и ժ е я » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:14 pm

The console manufacturers don't really understand the Asian markets too well, least of all Microsoft, so no surprises there. Obviously they'll need a better approach than TVTVTVFOOTBALLTV.
I muttered 'light as a board, stiff as a feather' for 2 days straight and now I've ascended, ;aughing at olympus and zeus is crying

The Missing Link

Post by The Missing Link » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:48 am

Jesus wrote:Wouldn't it harm the Xbox One in terms of game lineups if Asia remains cut off from the Xbox One? I Can't see many Japanese developers wanting to develop for the Xbox One if they can only release in Europe and Japan due to the regions. But umm, I think they will have to make an announcement at some point right??
Theoretically, isn't it harming them perhaps similarly if they invest and invest in Asia and getting little to no investiture there? You could say the same thing about Japanese devs who know a priori practically that Xbox 360 doesn't get a lot of the Asian market and, as a result, wouldn't make lots of money by porting or making an exclusive on the console.

What it ends up meaning is that, if a Japanese dev who wants to be on the Xbone needs to want to target the American and European audiences. And they might do somewhat okay because we have been fairly enamored by Japanese games for a while (though less and less of late). So in many ways, I don't see it being all that different of a scenario.
Carpe Pullum Domesticum! (Seize the Cucco!) Image

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”