Morrowind: Will it Suceed

Wherein we discuss the Xbox one, the Xbox 360, and the Xbox One

Moderator: Booyakasha

pzirm

Post by pzirm » Sun May 12, 2002 12:45 pm

I hope so. Based on the bad publicity it's been getting lately however, you would probably think otherwise, but it should still be a sucess nevertheless.
JIE - never show your skills thoughtlessly.
GON - practicing every day without fail.
DAN - judge with a clear mind.
YI- never hesitate to do the right thing.

pzirm

Post by pzirm » Sun May 12, 2002 2:43 pm

Based on how Bethesda has been behaving lately, it doesn't seem as if they're ready for this console thing. The company's intention was to release a game as quickly as possible, make it's money, and then release patches for the game later. Fortunately, however, Microsoft put an immediate stop on the situation and straightened the developer out quickly. No framerate/bug fixes= no game release. Plain and simple.

As much as I'm looking foward to Morrowind, I don't see this game doing much for people. Most people just won't see the brilliance in it. They would rather play linear/predictably plotted RPGs like Final Fantasy and Grandia 2. Morrowind will fly right over their heads. I can guarantee that.
JIE - never show your skills thoughtlessly.
GON - practicing every day without fail.
DAN - judge with a clear mind.
YI- never hesitate to do the right thing.

M84sn

Post by M84sn » Sun May 12, 2002 4:40 pm

im gonna buy it, and it comes out in 3 days! now i just have to gather all my money...

Lurch1982

Post by Lurch1982 » Tue May 14, 2002 2:39 am

I woulda figured that most PC gamers would have said Baldur's Gate II or something for best RPG.

The few people I've talked to mentioned that Elder Scrolls (PC version) is a resource whore. The employee at Gamestop I talked to said his 1.0Gig Athelon was having major slowdowns. Games like this one and Shenmue 2 are the reasons I bought an xbox.

Return to “Microsoft Xbox”